Monday 12 December 2016

New silicone rubber

Trying out a new silicone rubber from DWR plastics
RTV Silicone Moulding Rubber 6.18kg kit
Shore Hardness: A 28 *Medium*, Catalyst : Purple,
Cheapest silicone rubber I have bought yet-cheaper than Tiranti and Tomps.Seems good.One thing I did not like about Tomps was the blue catalyst turned whatever you were casting blue too.This one doesn't.Its a pale purple catalyst that doesn't leach any colour on to your castings.
I made a waste mould using it for Ian...
Took the soft Chavant as far as I could and made a TMS wax cast from it and started refining...

5 comments:

  1. Hi Paul,

    My name is Anuj Agarwal. I'm Founder of Feedspot.

    I would like to personally congratulate you as your Paul's sculpture blog has been selected by our panelist as one of the Top 50 Sculpture Blogs on the web.

    http://blog.feedspot.com/sculpture_blogs/

    I personally give you a high-five and want to thank you for your contribution to this world. This is the most comprehensive list of Top 50 Sculpture Blogs on the internet and I’m honored to have you as part of this!

    Also, you have the honor of displaying the badge on your blog.

    Best,
    Anuj

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ian McKellen in flesh!
    I just stumbled on your website this night in the search for a perfect sculpting medium... Keep it alive, please.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Surya power is the 2011 to established Company Well qualified team Thousands of systems installed all over india. Surya powers is the wholesale dealer and the supplier of solar pannels
    VIEW MORE :- solar batteries manufacturer in india

    ReplyDelete